They are big, and secrets about them are even bigger (or relatively unknown for us)..
1. Elephants can point
Elephants can use gestures is also a sign that they are a cognitively advancing species.
2. Elephants use their own version of sun protection
Big bodies needs better protection from sun. Elephants toss dirt and grasses on themselves to shield from the blazing sun.
3. Elephants have amazingly long memories
Elephants grieving habits aren't entirely understood, but they are interesting.
4. Elephants mourn for their dead
5. Elephants hug in times of stress.
Research shows that elephants need physical contact during tough times. They "hug" by putting their trunks in each others mouths.
6. Baby elephants suck their trunks like humans suck their thumbs
Baby elephants also make friends for life!
7. Females elephants rules the families
Elephant family groups are matriarchal by nature.
8. Elephants can recognize themselves in the mirror
This is evidence that they are fully conscious beings.
9. Elephants know how to clean house
Elephants are known as a keystone species. This means that they maintain their own communities.
10. Elephants can listen with their feet
They do this using the sensory cells in their feet and the ground's vibrations