|karma level 73747|
Can you say for sure you know, and use all the features offered by your smartphone? Often, developers hide away some really useful features, or simply place them in a place you wouldn't think to look at. In following, we've 15 great tips you never knew existed..
1. Start a Google Search anywhere: Did you know that any Android device (version 4.1 or higher) has the ability to start a Google search just by saying “O.K. Google”? You just need to activate this feature. Start by opening the Google Search app, then go to the settings screen (those 3 little dots at the bottom-right) and go to the Voice option. Go to the “OK Google Detection” and enable “From Any Screen”. You’ll need to train your phone to recognize your voice (it learns it by listening to you say it a few times).
5. Quickly access common utilities: Did you know that you can access the common utilities quickly just by swiping up from the bottom of the screen? You can quickly toggle Airplane mode, lock the screen’s rotation, activate “Do not Disturb” mode, enable/disable WiFi and Bluetooth, as well as control your screen’s brightness and even control music that is being played. Moreover, you can use the device’ flashlight, camera, calculator and stopwatch with a tap!
6. Want to see when an SMS message was
sent/received? Simply drag left on the Messages screen, this will when
every message was sent.
9. Wallpaper Slideshow: Downloaded
some great pictures of beautiful nature scenes? Adorable pictures of our
cat? How about that collection of pictures your kids send of their
newborn? You don’t have to choose just one for your background – make a
slideshow instead! Right-click an empty spot on the desktop and select
Click “Desktop Background” and hold down Ctrl and click on the images you want.
10. Increase the size of the text: You can increase the size of the fonts, making them easier to read. Right-click an empty spot on the desktop and select “Personalize”, on the bottom left of the window, select “Display” and increase to “Medium” or “Larger”, then press “Apply”.
11. Minimize all the windows quickly: There are 2 methods to doing this. The first is by holding the “windows” key and pressing “D” (doing it twice will load up all the windows that were just minimized). The second method is by clicking and holding the top of a window and “shaking” it. Just like in the first way – repeating the process will restore the minimized windows. (Works on Windows 8 as well)
12. Close with a click: Hover the mouse above the program you want to close in the taskbar, a small version of the window will pop up. Simply click the small red X on that window to close it.
13. Easily uninstall an app: hover over the app tile, right click with the mouse and select “Uninstall” – done! If you have a touchscreen, tap and hold the app tile, drag it down a little and the option to uninstall will appear.
15. Run 2 Programs, side by side: Launch a program, then hold the “Windows” key and press “.” (Period) – This will pin the program to the right side of the screen. (Doing it again will move it to the left side, and a third time will make it full-screen) Now that it’s pinned, simply launch another program and it will fill the remaining space.
Receive best posts in your inbox.