1. Walking 30 minutes a day cuts the rate of people becoming diabetic
by more than half and it cuts the risk of people over 60 becoming
diabetic by almost 70 percent.
2. Walking cuts the risk of stroke by more than 25 percent.
3. Walking reduces hypertension. The body has over 100,000 miles of
blood vessels. Those blood vessels are more supple & healthy when we
4. Walking cuts the risk of cancer as well as diabetes and stroke.
5. Women who walk have a 20 percent lower likelihood of getting breast
cancer and a 31 percent lower risk of getting colon cancer.
6. Women with breast cancer who walk regularly can reduce their recurrence rate and their mortality rate by over 50 percent.
7. The human body works better when we walk. The body resists diseases
better when we walk, and the body heals faster when we walk.
8. We don't have to walk a lot. Thirty minutes a day has a huge impact on our health.
9. Men who walk thirty minutes a day have a significantly lower level
of prostate cancer&a 60 percent lower risk of colon cancer.
10. For men with prostate cancer, studies have shown that walkers have a 46 percent lower mortality rate.
11. Walking also helps prevent depression, and people who walk
regularly are more likely to see improvements in their depression.
12. In one study, people who walked and took medication scored twice as
well in 30 days as the women who only took the medication.. Another
study showed that depressed people who walked regularly had a
significantly higher level of not being depressed in a year compared to
depressed people who did not walk. The body generates endorphins when we
walk. Endorphins help us feel good.
13. Walking strengthens the heart. Walking strengthens bones. Walking improves the circulatory system.> *
14. Walking generates positive neurochemicals. Healthy eating is
important but dieting can trigger negative neurochemicals and can be
hard to do.
15. Walking generates positive neurochemicals. People look forward to walking and enjoy walking.
16. And research shows that fit beats fat for many people. Walking half
an hour a day has health benefits that exceed the benefits of losing 20
17. When we walk every day, our bodies are healthier and
stronger. A single 30 minute walk can reduce blood pressure by five
points for over 20 hours.
18. Walking reduces the risk of blood clots in your legs.
19. People who walk regularly have much lower risk of deep vein thrombosis.
20. People who walk are less likely to catch colds, and when people get
colds, walkers have a 46 percent shorter symptom time from their colds.
21. Walking improves the health of our blood, as well. Walking is a
good boost of high density cholesterol and people with high levels of
HDL are less likely to have heart attacks and stroke.
significantly diminishes the risk of hip fracture and the need for
gallstone surgery is 20 to 31 percent lower for walkers.
23. Walking is the right thing to do. The best news is that the 30 minutes
doesn't have to be done in one lump of time. Two 15 minute walks achieve
the same goals. Three 10 minute walks achieve most of those goals.
24. We can walk 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night and achieve our walking goals.
25. Walking feels good. It helps the body heal. It keeps the body
healthy. It improves our biological health, our physical health, our
health, and helps with our emotional health. Walking can
literally add years entire years to your life.
Its good to walk. Be good to yourself. Be good to your body.