2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus
every two weeks or it will digest itself.
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne
will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom
of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and
cannot find a mate.
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland
because he doesn't wear pants.
8. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out
during World War II were made of wood.
9. The number of possible ways of playing the first
four moves per side in a game of chess is
10. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme
with orange, purple and silver.
11. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on
Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the
12. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a
scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to
death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
13. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to
s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That's
the opposite of the norm.
14. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce
Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
15. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
16. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old
English law which stated that you couldn't beat your
wife with anything wider than your thumb.
17. The first product Motorola started to develop was
a record player for automobiles. At that time, the
most known player on the market was Victrola, so they
called themselves Motorola.
18. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
19. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your
back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
20. Celery has negative calories. It takes more
calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has
in it to begin with.
21. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie
Chaplin look-alike contest.
22. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you
23. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear
24. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it
illegal for a woman to take more than three steps
backwards while dancing!
25. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
26. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for
being the book most often stolen from public
27. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before
they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit
28. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!