1. The brain is more active at night than
during the day. Scientists don't know yet why this
2. The higher your IQ, the more you
3. Facial hair grows faster than any other
hair on the body.
4. The nail on the middle finger grows
faster than the other fingernails.
5. Fingernails grow nearly four times faster
than toe nails.
6. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7
years on average.
7. The acid in your stomach is strong enough
to dissolve zinc. It doesn't destroy the stomach because because the
stomach walls constantly renews itself.
8. Women's hearts beat faster than
9. Women blink twice as many times as men
10. Women are born with better sense of smell than men
and remain better smellers over life.
11. Men burn fat faster than women by a rate
of about 50 calories a day.
12. Men get hiccups more often than
13. A man has approximately 6.8 litres of
blood in the body while women have approximately 5
14. The largest cell in the body is the
female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
15. During your lifetime, you will produce
enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
16. Babies are always born with blue eyes.
The melanin in their eyes needs time to be fully deposited or to be
darkened by ultraviolet light to reveal the baby's true eye
17. Men have erections every hour to hour
and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood
circulation and testerone production can cause erections during
sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.
18. After eating too much, your hearing is
19. If your saliva cannot dissolve or mix
with food, you will not be able to taste that food (try tasting
something after drying off your tongue)
20. Noise causes the pupils of your eyes to
dilate. Even very small noises can do this.
21. Everyone has a unique smell, unique
finger print and unique tongue print.
22. By age 60, most people will have lost
half their taste buds.
23. Your eyes remain the same size after
birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
24. A simple, moderately severe sunburn
burns the blood vessels extensively.
25. We are about 1cm taller in the mornings
than in the evenings.
26. The strongest muscle in the body is the
27. The hardest bone in the human body is
the jaw bone.
28. The hands and feet contains almost half
of the total bones in the human body.
29. About 32 million bacteria call every
inch of your skin home, but they are mostly harmless and some of
them are even helpful.
30. Humans shed and regrow outer skin every
31. Three hundred million cells die in the
human body every minute and everyday and adult produces 300 billion
32. The colder the room you sleep, the
higher the chances are that you would get a
33. Humans are the only species that produce
34. All babies are color blind at birth,
they see only black and white.
35. The only part of your body that has no
blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly
36. A normal human being can survive 20 days
without eating but can survive only 2 days without
37. It is impossible to kill yourself by
choking yourself with your hands.
38. Everybody has one strong eye and one
39. Your skeleton keeps renewing itself
every ten years which means that every ten years you get a new
40. The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands
and can produce more than a pint of sweat a