|karma level 68810|
The world is filled with things that just can't be explained. There are things right in front of us which we don't even notice and then there are those we have absolutely no idea about. Facts that haven't been heard by most of us or haven't been told to most of us. Regardless, these 50 random facts are worth knowing. Some are so random that we never even would've thought they mattered.
6. The longest music performance began on 5th September 2001 in a church in Germany and will end in 2640.
The last time the note changed was in 2013 and it won't change again before 2020. They could not rope in Himesh Reshammiya even though he shot his film in Germany. It is called ASAP (As Slow As Possible).
The laughter started in a village school in Tanzania (then Tanganyika) with 3 girls. In the end, it affected over a 1000 people. It also made some people cry, scream and faint before eventually dying out.
10. If you remove all the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on earth, the entire world's population can fit in an apple.
12. The small percentage of static you see on 'dead' TV channels is actually residual radiation from the Big Bang.
17. There are more possible iterations in a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
18. The China Highway 110 traffic jam lasted for more than 10 days. Cars moved at the speed of 0.6 miles per day.
Imagine being that late for a meeting!
21. If you wanted to watch every video on YouTube, you have to watch 55 crore hours worth of videos as of now. Minus what you have already watched.
And every minute you spend watching a new video, a 100 hours of video are added. So basically, you cannot watch every video on YouTube.
Yes, you read that right. They live in the Copper Canyons and are mostly inaccessible. They run after their prey until it dies of exhaustion. These are intriguing people.
30. The elephant is the only mammal which cannot lift all four feet off the ground at the same time.
32. The Matami Tribe of West Africa have a different version of football. They play with skulls instead of a ball.
34. Guinness Book of World Records holds a world record as the best-selling copyrighted book of all time.
36. The loneliest creature on earth is a whale near the Pacific Coast which hasn't had any response to its mating call for decades.
38. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine. Before that, it was considered poisonous as it was made from other items like grapes and berries.
39. The average lead pencil can be used to write a line about 56 km long or around 50,000 English words.
42. 'Jiffy' was actually a proposed unit of time which was equal to the time it takes light to travel one centimeter in a vacuum (approximately 33.3564 picoseconds).
Receive best posts in your inbox.