1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew
your food on your right side. If you are left
handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink
more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its
thirst mechanism shuts off.
3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you
4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If
it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is 'Das Beste oder
Nichts' meaning 'the best or nothing'..
6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS
7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45
percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
8. The average person who stops smoking requires one
hour less sleep a night.
9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and
strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh
an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15
to 100 times a day.
10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell
next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the
sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
11. Dalmatians are born without spots.
12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
13. The 'v' in the name of a court case does not
stand for 'versus', but for 'and' (in civil
proceedings) or 'against' (in criminal proceedings)
14. Men's shirts have the buttons on the right, but
women's shirts have the buttons on the left
15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper
eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower
16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that
it's already been digested by a bee
17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their
18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes
the brain to release calming hormones
19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells
20. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung
to make room for your heart
21. The verb "cleave" is the only English word with
two synonyms which are antonyms of each other:
adhere and separate
22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also
23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red
24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built
in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor
25. The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named
26. Google is actually the common name for a number
with a million zeros
27. Switching letters is called spoonerism. For
example, saying jag of Flapan, instead of flag of
28. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic
and 200 million to make a film about it
29. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is
what causes dimples
30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel
31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles
is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles
32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow
33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell
to circle the whole body
34. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are
35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game
36. The only part of the body that has no blood
supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen
directly from the air
37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000
babies are born, and 140,000 people die
38. In most watch advertisements the time displayed
on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame
the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is
39. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste
in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates
into the command "go hang yourself."
40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself
without turning its head are the rabbit and the
41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in
42. The average person laughs 13 times a day
43. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys?
They are:Mizaru(See no evil), Mikazaru(Hear no
evil), and Mazaru(Speak no evil)
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other
breed of dog
46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with
47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip
moves faster than the speed of sound
48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at
the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in
Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them,
escaped through a broken fence and stampeded,
trampling the two hapless protesters to death
49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse
has both front legs in the air, the person died in
battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air,
the person died as a result of wounds received in
battle; if the horse has all four legs on the
ground, the person died of natural cause.
50. The human heart creates enough pressure while
pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!