|karma level 24591|
21 Action Points For Good Executives.
1. Never say ‘I forgot’. Have a system to note down things. Be a walking database.
2. Never say “I thought it was not important”. Nothing is unimportant. Never give excuses.
3. Be fully committed to whatever you do that makes you a reliable person.
4. Pay attention to details. Leave out nothing .God is in the details.
5. Follow-up immediately on the instructions you receive. Do not postpone things endlessly.
6. Give prompt feedback to your boss regularly on progress of your work.
7. Find out how to make things happen, rather than wait for things to happen. Be proactive.
8. Never go to your boss with only problems. Have 2-3 solutions ready with you as suggestions. Don’t be a cry baby.
9. Never assume .Ask questions and clarify matters.
10. If there is bad news, do not hide it from your boss. Be upfront.
11. Do not blame others for any problem, try to help to identify and implement solutions. Especially do not let down your subordinates to your boss.
12. Anticipate what your boss and colleagues require, and act swiftly to fulfill those requirements. Do not wait.
13. Analyse, Improve & update yourself every day and make yourself more valuable to your organization and yourself. You will always be in demand.
14. Be punctual. Do not waste other people’s time (waiting for you)
15. Keep an accurate journal to note down and keep track of what you are doing every day. Somebody is likely to ask.
16. Never lie. Always be honest. Habitual liars are hated by everybody.
17. If you don’t know about something, do not bluff. Say you will find out and reply.
18. Plan your day in advance. Do not allow routine matters to detract you from the day’s purpose.
19. Be prepared for emergencies. They do not give advance notice when they come.
20. Develop your subordinates. Do not solve problems for them, allow them to grow by finding solutions and implementing themselves.
21. Be a master in at least one subject in your field of activity. You should be approached as an expert by others for answers.
Ø If you allot 10 marks to each point the maximum mark is 210.
Ø How many marks would your executives score?
Ø If 140 is the pass mark, How many will PASS?
Ø Please give me your feedback.
Receive best posts in your inbox.