Best content manually curated.
Enough reasons to eat Eggs.
karma level 73585
Eggs are good for you! Here's why:
1. Eggs are Full of Vitamins and Minerals- Including vitamins B, C, D, E, K, and more.
2. Lower High Blood Pressure- The peptides present in eggs were shown to help reduce high blood pressure.
3. Great Source of Protein- Eggs are a great source of protein, one egg contains 6 grams of protein.
4. Omega 3's- Eggs contain a high level of essential omega-3 fatty acids, an essential nutrient and good for your heart.
5. Nine Essential Amino Acids- Eggs are known as the perfect food as they are the only one that contains all 9 of the essential amino acids.
6. Can Lower Your Cholesterol- Eggs do contain cholesterol, however as mentioned above, studies have shown that those who consume eggs regularly had a reduced LDL and an increase in HDL (the good cholesterol).
7. Boost Brain and Nerve Health-One egg contains 20% of the daily recommended intake of choline. Approximately 90% of Americans are choline deficient. Choline is essential for phospholipids used in all cell membranes. Adequate levels of choline are essential for brain and nerve health.
8. Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin- These carotenoids are an essential component for eye health and defend against the damaging effects of free radicals.
9. Contain Tryptophan and Tyrosine- Two amino acids which have great antioxidant properties. Tryptophan is also important as it is converted to serotonin, a mood enhancer and converted into melatonin in the pineal gland, which benefits sleep.
10. Reduced Risk of Macular Degeneration- Eggs protect your eyes from developing age-related macular degeneration due to the lutein and zeaxanthin present.
11. Good Source of Vitamin B12- Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin for the process of converting homocysteine into safe molecules, such as glutathione, an important antioxidant.
12. Eggs Contain Calcium- One egg contains 50mg (5%) calcium. Although not a large source of calcium, an increased intake can reduce the risk of colon polyups and breast cancer.
13. Eggs Do NOT Cause Heart Disease- The choline in eggs is a crucial nutrient to help reduce the inflammation that leads to heart disease.
14. Reduce Birth Defects- Eggs contain folate, a nutrient which studies have shown to help prevent birth defects when consumed prenatally, one egg contains 44¼g (11%) of folate.
15. Good Source of Vitamin A- One egg contains 19% vitamin A which plays an important role in improving the immune system.
16. Promote Healthy Hair and Nails- The sulfur contained in eggs and the additional vitamins and minerals help promote hair and nail growth.
17. Reduce Oxidative Stress- Selenium, an essential macronutrient contained in eggs helps reduce oxidative stress.
18. Reduce Risk of Tumors- Eggs are an excellent source of selenium which has been associated with preventing cancer and in particular reducing tumors affecting the prostate.
19. Eggs Protect Your Eyesight- Not only do they prevent macular degeneration, but the antioxidants in eggs also have been reported to protect eyes from damage related to UV exposure.
20. Reduces Risk of Cataracts- The antioxidants have also been linked to reducing the risk of developing cataracts in old age.
21. Improve Immune System Functioning- The iron contained in eggs helps support a healthy immune system and normal red blood cell production.
22. Lose Weight- In a study from Louisiana State University, participants who ate eggs for breakfast instead of bagels, lost more weight and reported having more energy.
23. Reduce Risk of Breast Cancer- A recent study found that women who consumed high amounts of choline, an abundant nutrient in eggs, were 24% less likely to get breast cancer.
24. Source of Vitamin D- The majority of the population is deficient in vitamin D which is essential for boosting the immune system and preventing cancer. One egg contains 41 IU of the 600 IU recommend daily amount of vitamin D.
25. Reduces Inflammation- The choline in eggs aids in reducing inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation has been linked to increasing the risk of osteoporosis, Alzheimerâ€™s, cognitive decline, and type 2 diabetes.
26. Beneficial for Fetal Development- The choline present in eggs is essential for pregnant women as it is crucial for proper fetal brain development and preventing neural tube defects.
27. Reduce Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke- Several studies have shown that the nutrients in eggs help prevent blood clots which reduces the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
28. Improved Memory Function- The high amount of vitamins and nutrients in eggs, in particular choline, improves memory function and cognition.
29. Eggs Can Be Inexpensive- Many are able to get eggs for a great price when bought from local farmers. Another option is to raise your own chickens! Not only does this help save money and provide you with more nutritional value, but you could sell eggs to those in the area to cover the cost of caring for them.
30. Egg Variety- There are many ways to prepare eggs, whether you eat them raw, scramble them up in coconut oil, or boil them. You can also add great variety by adding in nutritious vegetables and herbs, such as to an omelet.
Top 10 worst reasons for being late to work
on Dec/29,2010 ( diamond user)
Art on Eggs
on Mar/04,2011 ( platinum user)
I wish you Enough.
on Feb/28,2013 ( diamond user)
19 reasons why banana is better than apple.
on Apr/30,2015 ( diamond user)
8 reasons why you should never get a job.
on Sep/27,2014 ( diamond user)
Eggs in Action.
on Dec/02,2012 ( diamond user)
13 reasons why Jutis are the coolest footwear ever.
on Mar/02,2015 ( diamond user)
50 reasons to excercise
on Feb/25,2014 ( diamond user)
13 good reasons that the worldcup is over for us!
Admin on Mar/26,2007
14 reasons you should eat Cucumbers.
on Jan/16,2015 ( diamond user)
Funny marriage moments.
Dusty art - what do u do with di...
What happens to the it professio...
Interesting porcelain statues
Cartoons to make u laugh-some ar...
Who wore it better?
17 year old girl has 7 kids
Konkan ~the coastal region of in...
Share this with friends
Friends Email: (Atleast 1)
Subscribe for more Fun
Receive best posts in your inbox.
Add Your Comments
comments powered by Disqus.
comments powered by
Earn cash with Binscorner
Click to find out how
User generated content. Copyright respective owners wherever applicable. Contact - admin at binscorner