Today I decided to tell you about Psoriasis and how to take care
of it at home. Psoriasis is a skin condition
thick, red and scaly skin. Though not contagious, it takes a heavy
toll on the individual with irritation, itching and above all
A flare up can be triggered by stress, skin injury, sun burn, viral
rashes, increased friction, medicines, abrasion, weather, vitamin
deficiency and more.
1. Take care! If you have any kind of skin disorder, your skin
calls for more attention. Avoid picking at the scales, scrubbing or
scratching. Trim your nails regularly. Pat skin dry gently after
bath. Choose lose cotton garments.
2. Understand that medications like steroids also can cause flare
is the key. Keeping skin well hydrated would
reduce redness and itching.
4. Psoriasis is seen to respond will to nutritional therapy. Hence
eat a balanced diet as a must. Fish oil supplements, zinc
supplements and vitamins may help you a great deal.
5. Get enough sun. Vitamin D is a key ingredient in controlling the
over shedding of skin. What we are talking about is natural Vitamin
D and not synthetic vitamins.
6. Never go dry. Use gentle soaps or besan. Avoid dry weather and
extreme cold climates. Use a humidifier. But, some people find
that dry weather suits their condition better than hot and humid
7. Be careful not to
your skin. Cuts, bumps and
infections may just cause another outbreak. Shaving, tattooing,
acupuncture are common blunders while an innocent insect bite may
also snatch away your sleep.
8. Quit alcohol and smoking.
9. Manage your stress and anxiety levels.
10. Keep your immunity at the peak with good food and adequate
exercise. Also, lose a few pounds.
Wheat germ oil is also claimed to be a great skin nourishment for
promoting new cell growth preventing the skin condition from
I Wishing you good health,