|karma level 24406|
• Drink ½ glass water, slowly.
• Keep a teaspoon of sugar in your mouth and suck slowly.
• Swallow ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (sarson) mixed with ½ teaspoon pure ghee.
• Grind 4 cardamom (chhoti illaichi) well. Boil it in 2½ cups or ½ litre water. When about 1 cup water remains, remove from fire and sieve it through a muslin cloth. Let it cool. When warm, drink a glassful. Works like magic.
• Suck 2-3 small pieces of fresh ginger (adrak). This helps in hiccups, which keep occurring again and again.
• Roast some ajwain dry on a tawa. Tie it in a muslin bag and sniff frequently.
• Make a paste of 2-3 powdered cloves (laung) and salt. Apply this paste on the forehead.
• A paste made of dry ginger (sonth) with a little water or milk when applied to the forehead also gives relief.
• A ripe apple, after removing the upper rind and the inner hard portion should be taken with a little salt every morning on an empty stomach. Continue for a week. This yields good results even in case of chronic headaches.
• Mix 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon (dalchini) in 1 teaspoon water and apply on the forehead. It is very effective in headache due to exposure to cold air.
• Crush an onion and apply the paste on the head.
• Grind 10-15 tulsi leaves with 4 cloves (laung) and 1 teaspoon dried ginger (sonth) into a paste and apply.
• Tulsi Tea: Mix 8-10 basil (tulsi) leaves, ½" piece ginger (adrak), 7 black pepper corns (saboot kali mirch) powdered coarsely with 1 large cup (200ml) water. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and keep for 2-3 minutes. Strain, add boiled milk, sugar and drink warm. Lie down covering yourself with a sheet for 5-10 minutes. It is very helpful in headaches, cold, indigestion. Drink 2-3 times a day. (For children reduce quantity to half)
• Follow the simple Chinese accupressure technique and say goodbye to those nasty headaches. This can be done anywhere and at any time. Place your thumb on the web of skin between the thumb and index finger of your other palm and apply pressure for about two minutes. Repeat on the other hand. However, this Chinese accupressure massage is not recommended for pregnant women.
• Headache due to exposure to cold air: Mix 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon (dalchini) in 1 teaspoon water and apply on the affected parts.
• Headache on one side: Powder equal quantities of liquorice (mulathi) and cumin (jeera). Take ¼ teaspoon every day along with 1 teaspoon honey for a month.
• Mix 1 teaspoon each of the following powders and store: camphor (kapoor), nutmeg (jaiphal), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and cloves (laung). Take 2 pinches with warm water.
• Warm the papaya leaf over the fire and apply on affected parts.
• Heat ginger (adrak) paste with turmeric (haldi) paste (ration should be 1:1) and apply over affected areas.
• Soak ½ teaspoon liquorice (mulathi) root powder in 1 cup water and leave overnight. Mix into the infusion 1 cup rice gruel (cooked broken rice) and take every morning.
Receive best posts in your inbox.