I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons......
1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.
2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.
3. What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.
Remember the following as you go through life....
Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has
the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To
those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and
ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every
move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes
you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.
No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must possess.
Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through
life when people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose
what / who you love most.
3. Life is short. When you waste your life
today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier
you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.
4. Love is but a
transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's
mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will
wash away your aches and sadness. Don't over exaggerate the beauty and
sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out
5. A lot of successful people did not receive a good
education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not
studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One
can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!
I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, either
would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a
supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether
you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether
rich or poor.
7. You honour your words, but don't expect others to
be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to
you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary
8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never
strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work
hard! There is no free lunch!
9. No matter how much time I have with
you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we
would meet again in our next life.
Always affectionately yours father"