1. If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28,000 degrees
Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
2. The average distance between the stars in the sky is 20 million miles.
3. It would take a modern spaceship 70,000 years to get to the nearest star to
4. If you dug a well to the center of the Earth, and dropped a brick in it, it
would take 45 minutes to get to the bottom – 4,000 miles down.
5. Your body sheds 10 billion flakes of skin every day.
6. The Earth weighs 6,500 million million million tons.
7. The word “set” has
the most definitions in the English language.
8. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating its letters is
9. Windmills always turn counter-clockwise.
10. The “Sixth Sick Sheik’s Sixth Sheep’s Sick” is the hardest tongue-twister.
11. Albert Einstein never wore any socks.
12. Hummingbirds are
the only creatures that can fly backwards.
13. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up at the sky.
13. The biggest employer in the world is the Indian railway, employing over 1.6
14. Nazi leader Adolf Hitler had only one testicle.
15. The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is
because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.
16. A dog can hear sounds that are 100 times fainter than the faintest sounds
that a person can hear. If a person can just hear a noise that is coming from
10 feet away, a dog could hear that same noise from 100 feet away.
17. In the courts of the Roman Empire, instead of swearing an oath on a bible,
men swore to the truth on their statements while holding their genitals. Hence
the word 'testify', from 'testicles'.
18. It takes only 8 minutes for sunlight to travel from the sun to the earth,
which also means, if you see the sun go out, it actually went out 8 minutes
19. Typewriter is the longest word that can be made only using one row on the
20. The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start