This was sent to me by an American friend:
i felt I could share this with you!!
This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get,
and puts it into a much better perspective.
Lesson # 1:
* U. S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts: $385
Got It ?????
OK now Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in
your neighborhood.... and your home has sewage all the way up to your
What do you think you should do ......
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?
Your choice is coming Nov. 2012
Subscribe for more Fun
Receive best posts in your inbox.